Pinterest is a great platform for inspiration and discovery. You can use it to plan your next vacation, find new recipes to try, get unique ideas for home décor, and so much more!
Much like other social media platforms, Pinterest allows their users to monetize off of engagement and content. Social media influencers use Pinterest to increase their visibility, reach a new audience, and monetize their content and personal brand. Some influencers may make a few hundred dollars per sponsored post, while others may make several thousands. Additionally, influencers can also make money through affiliate marketing, where they earn a commission for every sale made through a unique tracking link.
With so many different ways to monetize with social engagement, Pinterest Analytics helps businesses and individuals understand how their content is performing on the platform. It provides insights on user engagement, audience demographics, and the success of individual pins and boards. The analytics data can be used to inform content strategy, track performance over time and make data-driven decisions about your presence on the platform.
But what if you need to combine the Pinterest data with other sources of data? You likely have email lists, a CRM, e-commerce data. Luckily, Pinterest makes it easy to export your data so that you can use it with other sources, to gain a 360 degree view of your audience. Once exported, use a free Pinterest analytics tool to analyze the data. In this blog, we will be using Gigasheet, a free online CSV viewer, to explore Pinterest data!
Gigasheet can help Pinterest users and other social influencers analyze their content in a meaningful and customized way. Lets take a look at how:
1) Locate your Pinterest Analytics and Export CSV. For this example, we are going to use Audience Insights for all Pinterest users.
2) Upload the .CSV to Gigasheet.com
Once the audience data set is uploaded, you can see all the various categories and the percent of audience engagement. When Grouping the categories, you can view the various subtopics more easily.
For example, the "art" grouping will show the specific % of the sub-art categories such as tattoos, drawing, sculptures, etc.
Click here to follow along with a data set from Pinterest!
Using a free Pinterest analytics tool like Gigasheet can help a influence better understand:
1. Audience engagement - By using Filters and Groups, you can see to see what % of audience engages with in a period of time.
2. Identify top-performing content - You can combine files, identifying top-performing content over a period of time. This can give Pinterest influencers a predictive analysis of when to post specific content. For example, parent content may spike in the month of August.
3. Optimize marketing efforts - By sorting data through Gigasheet, you can see the percent of audience engaged with specific sub-categories. This can aid in targeted content for a specific business.
4. Benchmark progress overtime: Gigasheet allows you to combine multiple .CSV files which can allow a user to see the various trends in their business and audience. This can make predictive analysis much easier
Overall, Pinterest Analytics is a valuable tool that can help users to understand their audience, optimize their content and marketing efforts, and track their progress over time.
Interested in seeing how you can review your social media analytics for your business? Join Gigasheet today!